-tentative and subject to change-
Bedrock Beliefs introduces some essentials of Christian theology through readings and in-class discussion. Topics include the bible, God, humanity, sin, salvation, church, and last things. Special attention is given to worshipful theological reflection and the place of theology and worldview in forming Christ-followers.
1. Define key theological terms.
2. Explain how theology relates to godly living and thinking.
3. Describe the components of a worldview and theology’s contribution to that worldview.
1. Practice worshipful theological reflection.
2. Explain the importance of theology in the life of the believer.
Behavioral--Actions and Skills
1. Meditate on key passages and journal theological reflections.
2. Create a devotional notebook that combines theological reflection, key Scripture readings, and prayers of praise and request.
1. Read assigned chapters in the Theology Reader in preparation for each class discussion (see the assignment schedule).
2. Meditate on the assigned Scripture Readings in preparation for each class discussion (see the assignment schedule).
3. Keep a journal of theological reflections, questions, insights, and prayers.
4. Create a devotional notebook. For each category (prolegomena, bibliology, theology proper, Christology, pneumatology, anthropology, hamartiology, soteriology, ecclesiology, and eschatology) the notebook should include:
a. Definitions of key terms/Explanations of key ideas
b. At least one pertinent Scripture reading
c. A prayer of request and/or praise
Prolegomena: First Things
Bibliology: the Bible
Theology Proper: Father
Pneumatology: Holy Spirit
Eschatology: Last Things
Developing a Christian Worldview